Monday 28 December 2015

Christmas Card - Woodware stamp and Gelli Plate background

 I have been busy making Christmas cards and attending craft fairs - but I thought I would show you my husband's Christmas card.  I made quite a few of these, and he picked them out for his family as he thought it was a really nice image.  So rather than thinking of something else, he got one of these too.

The background is made on a Gelli Plate - I did this at Chris Dark's class at the Craft Barn, so we spent most of the morning making backgrounds.  We also stuck cardboard circles on to a plate (all made from cardboard boxes - corrugated paper) to lay on our gelli plate to make the background pattern.  I used 2 different colours here, but you can easily use the same for both.  Then you stamp the image onto white card and a gelli plate image (use Archival ink)  - you can do the whole image on white card, but I just did the head for mine.



I also drew in the lines on the part nearest his face - it makes it look more like hand knitting.  The holly leaves are part of
the stamp - I used a stick on diamante for the holly berry, though, I could not be bothered cutting that one out!  I also used pens to shad in the hat.  You don't have to, but it makes it stand out.  I also used copics to shade the sides of his face, and his nose.


No comments:

Post a Comment