Friday 20 March 2015

Lili of the Valley stamps and Brusho Crystal Colours

I have just got some Brusho Crystal Colours - have been having great fun playing with them.  They are a watercolour ink powder; you can just dilute them and use them as watercolour paint, but I did my background using them on paper and then spraying water on.  (You can also put them on to wetted paper - either looks good.)  You can either leave them to set for 10 minutes, or use your heat embossing tool to dry them.  I can't remember what I used, but definitely violet and yellow, and probably some black.  I stamped my background stamp first (in Versafine) then did my background in Brusho's.  I stamped the lady onto acetate, and coloured her in on the wrong side using Copic markers.  I fixed her with a staple (which is hidden by the flowers) as some types of glue react with the Brusho's - sometimes this can be fine, but other times you may not want it to!  (You tend to get a patch of the colour underneath coming through.)
I painted my background stamps with Brusho's used as a water colour paint - using Sea Green, Violet and Orange.  I cut the flowers out of left over backing paper (I made an A4 sheet and cut it down) and used some ribbon as leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment