Sunday 29 June 2014

Notebooks

These are 2 notebooks I made - using various things I had laying around.  The top one is probably my favourite; the background is an early gelli plate attempt (not great at it yet, but the backgrounds are really handy for this kind of thing).

The stamp is a Paper Artsy stamp, done using glass paints.  Helen Chilton demonstrated this last year, and I really like doing it.  You need to stamp on glossy paper, and you need dry wet wipes.  Use a cocktail stick to put the glass paints on and then rub them with a dry wet wipe to spread them out (you can mix them up, but you could end up with a horrible shade).  For her cheeks, I used the pink colour but just applied it with a cocktail stick.  When you have finished, leave it overnight to dry. I used a button and some cheap metallic cord to close it with  - probably don't need to, but I quite liked the look.



The second one uses off cuts of paper with salt on top (see my last post for instructions) with a Paper Artsy stamp on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment